Who Would Have Ever Thought of That!?

When people find out that I am a professional Band Instrument Repair Technician, they often ask, "How did you ever get started in that?" {pause} "I guess someone has to fix them."
Here is how it all started: When I was in high school, I bought trumpets whenever I found a good deal. By graduation time, I had a stash of 12 trumpets. Then I started to sell them. It was fun and I made some money at it, so I started to expand into other brass and woodwind instruments. I also had many other interests, so there were many other interesting career opportunities. After looking through the entire Yellow Pages, (I figured that the phone book would have almost every imaginable career in it) I had it narrowed down to train engineer, crop duster, or band instrument repair. After prayer and consideration, I decided on band instrument repair because it would be the most conducive career for a good family life. Also, I was already working with instruments and I figured if I could fix them, they could be sold for a better price.
That is how I got started in this very unusual career.

Comments

Popular Posts